Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Part 4 - Well you make up a title!


As I stood there in utter amazement as to what I was witnessing. People coming into the room hunting for a missing part, regardless of its importance to the body. Whether it be as little as a piece of clothing to cover one's bum or other unmentionable parts (though I could mention them but this is a family show after all) to one's head. Yes, you heard me right there have been a few headless bodies walking in and searching through the pile of parts for their head. To my continued amazement, the heads were calling out to their bodies and the bodies were following their head's voice.  Of course once the body retrieved the missing head it was placed on their neck and fused as good as new. However there was more than one incident where the head was placed on the body backwards and had to be fixed.  Those unfortunates were led to another room where upon hearing just a bit of screaming, the persons came back out with their head on straight.

I left the parts department (sounds like an automobile service department doesn't it) I was met by a small gray creature with big almond shaped eyes, what appeared to be slits for a nose, no visible ears and was absolutely naked, though there was nothing to see in um well either department whichever way you happen to lean. He, um it was holding a tray of champagne flutes filled with, what else, sparkling apple cider.  Our host must be one of those who abstain from strong drink and, as I later heard, had to be convinced that sparkling apple cider did not contain alcohol and so it became the drink of choice.

I milled about acknowledging folks as I passed. Trying to be polite and I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and there was this fellow dressed in what appeared to be a black tuxedo complete with a top hat and cape.  He had a thin black moustache that curled up at the ends. He was about the same height as me and  he held out a wallet.  "I believe this belongs to you, sir" he said.
"What makes you think that?" I asked then realized he probably looked inside and saw the id. Also the complete lack of cash or credit cards, not that he would have absconded with them, but nonetheless it was my wallet.
"Thank you sir, I hadn't even realized it was missing. "

"You are welcome and I think you should have another look at the rear of your slacks. Then it may dawn on you as to why you lost your wallet in the first place. Good day sir"

I reached behind me to slip my wallet into my back pocket when I heard it thud on the floor. Looking behind me I picked it up and spun around a few times trying to look at my backside as was suggested by the mysterious stranger, but I felt like what I imagine a dog chasing its tail would feel except I wasn't having fun. It did seem to be entertaining to a few people who gathered around me as I was spinning about.  I took my leave of them and asked one of the gray servers where the men's room was. He, well I'm going to start addressing them as he or she or it at random times to just chill about it, pointed me in the right direction and when I got there I was able to see that I put the seat of my pants on upside down. Now I was in a bit of a quandry. Do I go to the room where they fixed heads to fix my pants or do I just put my wallet in my front pocket? I chose the latter as the former scared me too much.

No comments: