Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The Messiest Alien (part 2)

Part 2 of my story of the Messiest Alien in the Mansion. Please forgive some overlap from the previous post. I'm trying to maintain continuity so I don't have to post the whole thing every time I add more to it. Enjoy.

"We just received your RSVP for the party and wanted to remind you that, while the card does not state what the dress code is, I assure you it's casual. Please do not wear anything that smells of livestock or any other creature except yourself and then only after you've showered and applied the correct amount of deodorant and other such smelly stuff you may wear on occasions such as this. That being said, have a great
and pleasant day and see you at the CLIMB Mansion on the 21st. " And with that, he hung up. I didn't even get to ask what does "casual" mean, let alone how he got my name and phone number. It could not have been from my RSVP card as I only just deposited it in the mail box not 15 minutes ago. I go to the mail box and try to look in and see nothing and it was at that instant the phone rang again.  I answered it again "Hello?"
It was the same voice as before "Hello again Mr...as an answer to your question regarding the definition of
"casual" it is, for men, slacks and polo shirt are just fine. And to explain your RSVP card it automatically
acquired enough mass, after you dropped it in the mail box, to transport itself directly to us. Good bye again sir."

He hung up again. This was getting annoyingly interesting.  I think the party should be as interesting as the
invitation.

It was a couple weeks until the party so I had plenty of time.  I went to the local library to look up the
history of the CLIMB Mansion.  It seems the word "CLIMB" didn't mean what we normally think of when we think of climbing say a mountain or ladder or aboard a train or some other ride. It stood for Cute Little Irish and I shouldn't complete the acronym because it could be offensive to some people. So it was abbreviated to CLIMB and most people don't know and don't care what it means. Usually if you get to go to the mansion as a guest, so I've heard, that you get treated like royalty and the technology inside is quite extraordinary and that makes me more excited thinking about it all. In fact it is difficult to concentrate on my job because of this party thinking.

The day of the party finally arrived and I was a bundle of nerves. Well, honestly, aren't we all? If it
weren't for the nerves we would not feel anything, but the good thing is nobody would be getting on them all
the time.  Hm that could be a fair trade off.  Regardless, the day arrived and I was informed, by the voice
on the phone, that a car would be at my house promptly at 7:00 pm and leave promptly at 7:05 pm regardless of whether or not I was in the car and the voice also told me to make sure I was COMPLETELY in the car as there have been unfortunate instances where, well to put it nicely, not everybody made it to the party in one piece.

No comments: